Hey there, today I wanted to touch on cool DIY ideas to do with your children on rainy days, where you’re stuck in the house if you’re in one of the colder wetter coastal states especially!
Cool DIY Ideas For Rainy Days
- Build a fort: Use blankets, pillows, and furniture to build a cozy fort where your kids can play, read, or nap.
- Indoor scavenger hunt: Create a list of items for your kids to find around the house, such as a blue sock, a wooden spoon, or a picture of a dog. You can also hide small treats or prizes for them to find.
- Arts and crafts: Set up a crafting station with paper, glue, markers, and other supplies. Let your kids create their own masterpieces, or provide some inspiration with a specific theme or project.
- Board games and puzzles: Bring out your family’s favorite board games and puzzles for some indoor entertainment. You can also challenge your kids with brain teasers and riddles.
- Baking and cooking: Involve your kids in the kitchen by baking cookies, making pizza, or preparing a family meal together. This can be a fun and educational way to teach them about cooking and nutrition.
- Movie marathon: Set up a cozy movie area with pillows, blankets, and snacks. Let your kids choose their favorite movies or a new release to watch together.
- Science experiments: Conduct simple science experiments with your kids using household items. You can make a volcano with baking soda and vinegar, create a rainbow with a prism, or make slime with glue and borax.
- Reading time: Encourage your kids to curl up with a good book or story. You can read to them, or let them read on their own. You can also make it fun by having a reading challenge or book club with rewards.
There you have it, build a fort, scavenge hunt, arts, board games, baking, movies, science and reading, I know it can seem hard to find the right activity at the time but trust me when I say there’s so many things you can do on rainy days, and discover cool quirky fun things along the way too.